The Weston A. Price Way

Thursday, March 8, 2012

For The Thomas in All of Us: University Studies and Medical Journal Reports

I am not the kind that spews out facts. I don't care what subject it is, I go by heart and gut more than rote. So, I read, I pray, I become convinced by what I've read and how the Spirit leads. With book, materials and heart in hand, I gladly share what I learn...those things of which I have become convinced because of what I have read, learned and experienced for myself. Writing on my computer, I am much more direct because my references often sit at my elbow and I am very concerned about standing too strongly on just my own knowledge...There is wisdom in many counselors!

But when I am standing in conversation, what you get, more than cold hard facts and numbers, is heart. The things God has chosen to write there. The ways I have learned are better for me, so if you want to look into them you may find them better for you, too.

I am not, nor do I want to be, an accomplished oral debater. I've always taken great, great comfort in Jesus' promise to be there for me if I ever have to stand in court. (Good thing, that.)

I do understand the desire for the familiar when this traditional foods 'stuff' is new to a person. And so, what we find below is a plethora...the tip of the iceberg, mind you...of conventional medical journal and university reports regarding coconut oils in particular. They may bring some comfort to the skeptical...at least about coconut oil's goodness. If you take the time to look at these studies and reports, you will find yourself at least a little amazed. Or more likely, a lot amazed.

Just because mainstream media doesn't jump on it and tell the world, doesn't mean good, or even great, documentation doesn't exist. Never make the mistake, as many of the puffed up and proud have done, of belittling a person's work because of the paper they hold or do not hold in their hand.

I know real people with no mainstream education who have raised folks from the dead. That piece of paper means nothing to the ones raised, does it? I know that's an extreme example, but to a lesser degree, we find wisdom and knowledge continuously manifested in other areas by the degree-less.This is not to rebuff education or the educated...only the educated who put themselves above others. And for that matter, the uneducated who put themselves above the educated. Either way, it's wrong. Plain and simple. In fact, I really dislike using the word 'uneducated' at all...for there is no one walking who is uneducated in all things...just as there is no one walking who is educated in all things. We get so messed up worrying about junk like that!

So, if you're looking for some evidences and the abundance of information found at the Weston A. Price Foundation doesn't cut it for you...maybe you can take a look at the info below. It may help you, or a friend, come to a better understanding. Then, maybe you'll begin to look at the truths of traditional foods and food preparation in a different light.

When we veer off the road of conventional eating, we find a paradigm experience, this seeing the whole tree of truth rather than just some mythical splinters. We've been duped for so long and in so many areas regarding our food that the truth can actually be overwhelming. Confounding, even. Take it easy. Take it slow. Baby steps. Baby steps. Baby steps.

Here are the reports...Some are written in laymen's terms, others...well, you'll see. I am especially fond of the testimony under the M.D. section written by Dr. Newport regarding Alzheimer's Disease. Prepare yourself...You may feel the urge to hold on to something.

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2010 Mar;91(3):535-46. Epub 2010 Jan 13.Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease. Siri-Tarino PW, Sun Q, Hu FB, Krauss RM.

BMJ. 2003 Oct 4;327(7418):777-82.Dietary fat intake and risk of stroke in male US healthcare professionals: 14 year prospective cohort study.



Journal of Investigative Dermatol. 2009 Oct;129(10):2480-8. Epub 2009 Apr 23.Antimicrobial property of lauric acid against Propionibacterium acnes: its therapeutic potential for inflammatory acne vulgaris.

Annals of Surgery Protective effects of medium-chain triglycerides on the liver and gut in rats administered endotoxin.

Philippine Journal of Cardiology, July-September 2003, Volume 31 Number 3:97-104 COCONUT OIL: Atherogenic or Not?(What therefore causes Atherosclerosis?)


Effects of Dietary Coconut Oil on the Biochemical and Anthropometric Profiles of Women Presenting Abdominal Obesity

Antigenotoxicity of Dietary Coconut Oil - University of the Philippines - Institute of Chemistry, College of Science; Science Diliman, Vol 4, No 1 (1992)


No comments:

Post a Comment