The Weston A. Price Way

Friday, March 9, 2012

Coconut Sugar...The Healthy Alternative to Agave

You don't have to know anything about the Weston A. Price Foundation to know sugar is a major culprit in our nation's health issues. I'm not going to take the time to go into the ills of sugar today...but I do want to talk just a smidgen about our sweetener choices.

White processed is bad stuff.
High Fructose anything is bad stuff.
Agave is...Well, Sarah Pope, WAPF Conference Speaker and Blog Traditional/Real Foods Instructor extrodinaire, can say it so well, that I'm not even going to try...But I sure am glad I learned about coconut nectar/sugar a long while back. And after reading this, and the attached comments, I want to give date sugar a try asap.

If you are an agave user, I know that you use it because you believe it's better for you than sugar...but the truth is, and I'm sorry to say it because we all grow attached to our sweeteners, it's worse on the scale of 'unhealthy for us' than high fructose corn syrup.

No lie.

Now, if you're a 'user', open your mind, take a deep breath, click below and read. There are so, so many articles from a great variety of writers, including medical doctors, written about the ills of agave. I chose this one because it gives a great alternative within the same article. It's such a kind way to cushion the blow-know what I mean?

Sarah Pope gives reasons to beware Agave and alternatives to the problem!

As a second thought, I decided to include an article about agave from Dr. Mercola as well. This is only one of several.

No comments:

Post a Comment